Google has started rolling out a new feature to its Search app, making it easier for users to send an instant message via Google Now.
As a part of the latest Google Search app update, the Mountain View based tech giant has given users the ability to send text messages via leading third-party messaging apps using the ‘Ok Google’ voice-command. For instance, if users have to send a message to someone on WhatsApp, they can simply say “Ok Google, send a WhatsApp message to Steve: let’s do dinner tomorrow night” and the launcher would send the message using the app. Users can also do it in two steps, saying “Ok Google, send a WhatsApp message to Joe,” after which they’ll get a prompt asking them to dictate their message.
Some of the apps supported by the new Google Now instant messaging feature are WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Telegram and NextPlus. It is worth noting that users should have the latest version of both the messaging app and Google Search app to use this feature. The search giant adds that this feature currently supports English language and other languages. See list of supported languages here.
How To Send WhatsApp Message with Google Voice Search
- You need to Install the Google Voice Search app from Google play store
2. Go to your Phone Setting > Language & Input > Voice Search.
3. Tap Language and choose any language (if no choice, you will be prompt to download) or leave the default, which is always English UK or US.
4. Do other changes or leave the setting.
To Send WhatsApp Messages Using Google Voice Search
Before proceeding, you should also have a look at the following points:
- You can send WhatsApp messages even if your device is locked. For that, you need to allow Google Voice Search to wake up your phone.
- You don’t neeed to keep WhatsApp opened to send messages via Google Voice Search.
- You can’t attach files, photos, etc., while sending messages.
- You can also use Google Voice Search to send messages to your contacts via default messaging app on your phone and Hangouts.
To use Google Voice Search to send WhatsApp messages, it first asks you to speak the name of the WhatsApp contact to whom you want to send message and then it prompts you to speak up the message. Once you have done this, Google Voice Search will ask whether you want to change the message or send it. If you don’t want to send message, then you can also cancel it with just a simple voice command. Or else, you can simply send that message to that particular WhatsApp contact.
To Send WhatsApp Messages Using Google Voice Search In English:
1). Call Google Voice Search by your super magical voice saying “Ok Google” and then speaking “Open WhatsApp”. You are not bound to speak only this phrase. You can also speak something else like “Send WhatsApp message”, “send WhatsApp message to XYZ (contact name)”, etc.
2): If everything goes perfect, you will see a screen as shown below. Google Voice Search will now insist you to speak up the contact name (if you haven’t already). If you want to skip saying the WhatsApp contact name, then you can directly say “send WhatsApp message to XYZ”. Replace xyz with the contact name.
3). Next, Google Voice Search will ask you to speak up the message content. After you have said your message, Google Assistant will ask whether you want to change the message or send it. Do changes if you want or simply send the message by saying ‘Send’ command.
This is it! Google Voice Search will take care the rest and send that message to that particular WhatsApp contact.
If you want to change the message, then say “Change message” command and again speak the message that you want to deliver or simply say the “Send” voice command to deliver the WhatsApp message straight to your contact’s WhatsApp inbox.
If you want to discard the message, then simply say “Cancel” and Google Voice Search will say “Ok! No problem” and cancel the process.
Note that this function also work in Google Voice Search on Call and Web search
For Whatsapp Text Editor Voice Typing
- Open Whatsapp chat and contact person you want to chat with
- On your virtual keyboard, type the Microphone button, and follow the prompt screen.
- Say whatever you want to type, and it will automatically write on your Whatsapp text editor. If all went well, your screen should be like this:
- *To download every app from your play store and read the terms of usage.
- *Do not use transfer apps from friends to avoid contaminating virus or malware.
- *Before the installation of any app, check the remaining size of your RAM (For android, click here for the steps), and iPhone, click here, if it still remains sufficient.
- *Uninstall Social Apps that you do not have account with.